An automatic garage door system is a nice function. Garage door openers make entering the garage an effortless thing. However, if the opener stop working suddenly, it will be a headache.
Regular checking and maintenance will help your garage door opener last longer and without a problem.
As we don’t always remember to check the condition and performance of the opener, we don’t realize that it’s malfunctioning until a major garage door opener repair is necessary.
Main Reasons of a No Working Opener
Here are some common garage door problems and what you can do to face them.
- The opener doesn’t start: Neither with the wall switch nor with the remote control, the opener doesn’t start opening the door. Sometimes, this happens because the opener is unplugged. Another reason could be that the circuit breaker is off; if you find that other lights or electrical circuits in the garage aren’t operating, this is the likely cause.
- The door doesn’t respond with the control: The solution to this issue is very simple. You could be out of range, or your remote control needs new batteries. If the opener works with the wall switch, it’s just a matter of the remote control.
- The door doesn’t close all the way: There are three common causes. The close-limit switch needs adjusting, sensors need to be readjusted, or the door may have rusted or damaged rollers.
- The door doesn’t open completely: The up-limit switch may need readjustment. Balky or damaged rollers can also cause the door to stop short of fully opening.
- The opener continues working after the door opens/closes: As in the previous points, the limit switches need to readjust. This problem could become a serious one. If the opener works more than necessary, it could burn out.
- The door doesn’t open in winter: During winter, rollers get stiff, and the opener refuses to open. Lubricating rollers can help with this problem.
Identifying these problems on time will avoid bigger problems. However, if an issue requires professional attention, you should call a garage door company.
The Best Garage Door Company in Phoenix: Southwest Garage Doors
When it comes to garage door opener repair, Southwest Garage Doors is the right answer. We’re a garage door company with over 8 years of experience. We’re committed to helping Phoenix and surrounding area residents with their garage door issues, like garage door opener repair or replacement.
At Southwest Garage Door, we have never found an opener we can’t repair. We work with high-quality equipment to deliver the top-quality service you deserve.