GARAGE DOOR SPRING REPAIR
Broken Garage Door Spring? You came to the right place!
We’re open 24/7! It’s never convenient when a garage door spring breaks. Call us, your Phoenix experts for garage door spring repair services, and we’ll make sure your day gets back on track right away.
Broken Garage Door Spring
We all know that things don’t always go as planned, but no homeowner wants to deal with their car being trapped in the garage due to a broken spring. When a garage door spring breaks, the best choice is to call Southwest Garage Doors immediately. As the leading experts in Phoenix for garage door torsion spring repair services, we ensure quality repairs so your life can get back to normal.
What is a garage door spring?
As the most important part of your garage door, springs commonly break or get out-of-balance due to repeated use. Similar to a car, garage doors experience wear-and-tear and need to be re-tightened and maintained every 2-3 years by a trained professional.
The spring acts as a counterbalance for the entire garage door. When it breaks, it can easily fall and cause serious harm. If you know your spring is broken, the door needs to remain shut and unused until a professional replaces the component.
While not immediately dangerous, garage door springs that are out of balance can cause premature wear to your garage opener and other key features. Broken springs can also lead to more maintenance and repairs down the road.
The first step in repairing your garage door springs is understanding which type of spring system you have. The three spring types are torsion springs, extension springs, and Wayne Dalton Torque Master.
Garage Door Torsion Springs
Torsion springs are a counterbalance system that consists of one or two tightly wound springs on a steel shaft with a cable drum at each end. Located above the opening of your door, these springs are commonly made of galvanized or oil-tempered steel.
Southwest Garage Doors in Phoenix offers garage door spring repair service for torsion springs with oil-tempered material for longevity between services. We formulate our Holmes springs to be at least 20,000-25,000 cycles to ensure your door springs are long-lasting and durable.
Garage Door Extension Springs
While we do not replace extension springs due to the risk of injury, they are located alongside the door opening and are based on resistance. As more force is used to pull out, the spring expands.
Wayne Dalton Torque Master
Torque Master Systems are a re-design of the standard torsion style spring assembly and housed in a metal tub. Although we do not repair these systems, we will convert it to the proven torsion system instead. When springs break within the Wayne Dalton, it’s unnoticeable until damage occurs.
To avoid further inconvenience, we recommend replacing both springs at the same time, regardless if only one broken. This technique will help keep your garage door safe and long-lasting.
Please contact Southwest Garage Doors, the frontrunner for your garage door spring repair service needs in Phoenix, when your springs break or need routine maintenance. We guarantee quality service and an honest quote with each assessment!
Garage Door Broken Spring Services
- When a spring breaks, call a professional right away
- Keep your garage door shut for safety reasons
- The spring is a counterbalance for the garage door. A broken spring could cause your garage door to fall and cause serious injury or death to your loved ones
- Broken springs are a normal event due to repeated use
- Garage door springs are a wear and tear item, just like tires for your car
- Springs are the single most important part on a garage door
24/7 Emergency Service
- No Extra charge for nights & weekends
- Fast, Friendly, & Professional Service
- 20,000+ High cycle Springs at no extra charge
- Free complete door safety check up & lubrication
- ZERO Hidden fees
Out of Balance Springs
- Springs should be re-tightened and maintained every 2-3 years
- Always call a trained professional to tighten springs, a mistake can cause serious injury or death
- Springs that are out of balance can lead to premature wear to your opener and key components
- Trained professionals should always put up the correct spring lift ratio a 10-15 pound variance. Otherwise, it could create serious long term problems
Types of Springs
Garage Door Torsion Springs
- A torsion door spring counterbalance system consists of one or two tightly wound springs on a steel shaft with a cable drum at each end
- There are 2 different common materials torsion springs are made of galvanized still or oil tempered
- We choose to use oil temper based off the longevity they offer between services
- Galvanized springs are great for homes when rust is an issue, however, galvanized steel is a softer material and leads to more frequent visits to re-tighten them
- We formulate all of our spring with Holmes springs to be at least 20,000-25,000 cycles to make sure you get as much life as possible out of your hard earned money
- We do not offer low cycles springs because the price difference vs. the quality aspect is too important to us
Garagae Door Extension Springs
- We DO NOT replace extension springs
- Always specify you have a extension spring because many companies do not replace them due to the risk of injury
- Extension springs are based on resistance
- These springs are tightly coiled and increase resistance as more force is used to pull it out, thereby extending the spring
- When the object moves, it extends the spring, and the resistance of the extension spring takes effect, pulling it back
- This is also how garage door extension springs function
Wayne Dalton Torque Master
- Torque Master System is a redesign of the standard torsion style spring assembly. The Springs are housed in a metal tub and can not be seen. We DO NOT repair these systems.
- We will always convert your torque master system to the proven torsion style system.
- A smaller diameter spring can often achieve higher cycles. These parts are also plastic and smaller than their metal larger counterparts
- When springs break with this system, you’ll never know until you noticed the damage
- As the photo on the right shows, the center style will rip off the door
- 95% the time, this issue is repairable with a new reinforcement brace and the proper Wayne Dalton opener bracket
“We choose to use a local company called Holmes Springs located in Mesa, Arizona. They manufacture all of our garage door springs. Supporting local small business’s is very important to us.”