DON’T BE THE NEIGHBOR WITH THE NOISY GARAGE DOOR
We can solve that with a simple inspection of the door.
NOISY GARAGE DOOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT
Are you in need of noisy garage door repair services in Phoenix or the surrounding area? Do you cringe every time you hear your garage door squeak? Are you fed up with the grinding, rattling, and screeching every time you open your door? Are your neighbors complaining that you wake them up with your creaking garage door every time you come home from a long night at work?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call us to help fix your noisy garage door problem.
Call Southwest Garage Doors for noisy garage door repair services in Phoenix Arizona. Fortunately, this issue can usually be fixed quickly and maintained with regular maintenance checks. Although we always recommend hiring a professional to get your door working safely, some squeaky doors can be fixed with a few DIY methods. Always consult with our team of experts before working on your garage door.
To fix a squeaky door, try to tighten the nuts and bolts with a socket set. Make sure you check all of the nuts and bolts and tighten them properly. Over time, some of the bolts may get loose due to the natural vibration upon opening and closing the door. This could be a quick and easy remedy, and the noise may stop.
If re-tightening the bolts does not work, your garage door rollers may have to be replaced. Inspect the rollers while opening and closing the door. If they squeak while moving, this could be the source of most of your noise problem. Some rollers are metal and others are nylon, but both types can become worn over time.
If your rollers look worn, they should be replaced. However, if they can be salvaged, they should be squirted with a metal lubricant to quiet the noise and get the garage door running smoothly again. If the rollers do need replacing, they should be replaced with quieter nylon rollers. Please do not try to replace garage door rollers yourself. Our experts in Phoenix specialize in noisy garage door repair services and can replace your rollers without permanent damage to the opening mechanism.
Worn springs could be another cause of garage door noise. Extension springs are found above the upper tracks on both sides of the door. Torsion springs are located just above the closed door and should be handled with the utmost caution as they are under extreme pressure. If either type of spring is broken, contact one of our garage door experts immediately. Our location in Phoenix offers spring and roller replacement services to help repair your noisy garage door.
If the garage door is an older model, it may need a hinge replacement. Noise is also san issue when the roller stem on the hinge becomes worn. A loose trolley mechanism on the drive could also cause excessive noise. Consult your garage door manual or online instructions to research potential solutions. Both issues can usually be fixed with lubricant; however, you should never apply grease to a belt drive.
Lastly, but certainly not least, your garage door noise problem may not be with the door at all. If your garage is made of concrete, the noise bounces off the walls and resonates throughout the garage. The most efficient solution is to insulate the supports holding up the horizontal tracks with rubber stripping.
If none of these address your problem, please give Southwest Garage Door a call. Our team of trained professionals will fix your noise pollution issues and get your garage door running efficiently for years to come.
Noisy Garage Door Repair Services in Phoenix, Arizona
Southwest Garage Doors serves Phoenix and surrounding areas.
- Don’t be that neighbor with the noisy garage door that wakes up the whole neighborhood! If your door is typically that loud, something isn’t right.
- A standard garage door tune-up by one of our skilled craftsmen gets your door adjusted and better than when it was new.
- Our technicians go through a checklist with you to explain any other faulty parts that might need to be addressed.
- You maintain your car regularly, do the same to your garage door! In the long run, maintenance will increase the longevity and functionality of your garage door.
Garage Door Rollers Replacement
- Rollers are normally the leading cause of a noisy door. Just like tires on your car, they do wear out
- Stock plastic rollers typically wear out the fastest and have no bearing to help support the door. They’re capable of handling 50lbs and lasting 1-2 years or 10,000 cycles
- Steel 7-10 ball bearing rollers were popular in the 80’s, but wear out from a metal on metal connection under an intense load. They’re capable of handling 75lbs load and lasting 2-3 years or 15,000 cycles
- Nylon unsealed 11 or 13 ball bearing rollers are the most commonly used rollers today. They make a dramatic difference the first year or two. However, they are unsealed and fill up with debris which can lead to replacement needs down the line. These rollers are capable of handling 125lbs and lasting 2-4 years or 20,000-25,000 cycles.
- Nylon 6200Z precision sealed 13 bearing rollers are the only rollers Southwest Garage Doors uses! They are built to last with zero maintenance required. These rollers are capable of handling 150lbs and lasting 4-7 years or 100,000 cycles
What other companies use
What other companies use
What other companies use
What we use!
Noisy Old Genie Screw Drive
- The noisiest of all are those old school genie screw drive openers manufactured from 1980-1995.
- These openers typically just need a little bit of grease every couple months.
- If you decide to make it a daily task to grease these openers, they will start to spit it back at you and leave an ugly black streak down the exterior of your door
- Before you go crazy with the grease, call a professional to investigate your noisy garage door issues.
Give us a call or book an appointment below.
Please call if emergency service is needed!