BROKEN GARAGE OPENER?
Guess what, we’ve never meet a garage door opener we can’t repair or replace.
Garage Door Opener Repair
Is your garage door opener making funny noises? Is your chain or belt sagging? Has your opener’s light stopped working or does the motor run but fail to move your door? At Southwest Garage Doors we have the solution to your problem. Our experts in Phoenix specialize in garage door opener repair.
A broken garage door opener can often be repaired. The most common problems that can cause your opener to malfunction include:
- Stripped or worn nylon gears
- Worn or broken bushings
- Broken gear assemblies
Whether the problem is with your gears, circuit board, drive train, belts, opener trolley, chains, motors, or sprockets, our garage door experts in Phoenix have the knowledge, parts, and experience to get your opener working again quickly.
To Repair or Replace your Garage Door?
Southwest Garage Door’s expert technicians will diagnose your garage door opener problems to determine the best and most affordable solution. Repairing your existing opener often makes the most sense, but sometimes we recommend replacing your opener.
When should you consider replacing your garage door opener?
- If your opener was manufactured before 1993, it no longer meets minimum safety standards and should be replaced.
- If your opener is lacking safety eyes that keep the door from closing when something or someone is in the way, we generally recommend replacement.
- If your brand has significant safety concerns or is no longer manufactured, we usually recommend you replace your opener.
Let Us Help You Select the Best Garage Door Opener
Garage door opener technology is always evolving, and we can help you determine which garage door opener is the best choice for your home and needs. Depending on the size and weight of your door, and the features you’re looking for, we’ll give you a comprehensive options to help you select the best opener for your home. Our team of garage door opener repair experts in Phoenix can help determine the best and more affordable opener for your unique situation.
The professionals at Southwest Garage Doors in Phoenix can serve your garage door opener repair needs, including opener replacement. Call us today to schedule your service appointment, or use our convenient online booking tool to schedule your visit. We’ll repair or replace your garage door opener quickly, and at a price you can afford. Contact us today.
Broken chain or gear & sprocket
- Call us right away to prevent any further damage.
- When a gear breaks, it has worn through the steel bushing and snaps off. The chain will be hanging down abnormally low and the motor will run and not move the door at all. Yes, it is fixable 75% of the time.
- When the internal nylon gear is stripped, the motor will continue to run without moving the door. Unfortunately there is not way to see thins because the gear in sealed in the unit hanging from the ceiling. The nylon gear is repairable 75% of the time.
Stripped nylon gear
Old vs New gear assembly
Stripped screw drive bushing
- Screw drive openers were big in the 80’s & 90’s before belt drive openers took off.
- The bushing is a small piece of hardened composite connecting the motor to the spinning screw that lifts the door up and down.
- When the busing breaks, the motor will run but will not engage the door to open or close.
- This issue is a blind part hidden in the unit that’s hanging from the ceiling. Call a professional! It’s a messy difficult job the requires specific experience.
Stripped genie trolley assembly
- Listen to a load grinding noise resembling a machine gun. This video is a reference only.
- The black trolley assembly has a set of magnesium teeth that easily break down over time.
- The teeth on the assembly break down and can no longer engage to the screw.