Garage door sensors are meant to make the process of closing and opening the door easy & safe. If they start to fail, it surely is an inconvenience. A broken sensor can waste your time, but it’s important to take care of it before any damage worsens.
In this blog, we’ll go through the reasons why garage door sensors tend to fail. Know your system better, and don’t let it fail twice!
Why A Garage Door Sensors Fail
Garage door sensors are prone to failure for several reasons; learn more about it, these are some of them:
- Obstructions: If something is blocking the sensor’s line of sight, it will not be able to detect that the door is closed and will keep opening and closing.
- Sensor Power Supply: If neither of the sensors’ lights is on, it’s a clear indication that they’re out of power and can’t react. Check if the cable is disconnected so that the garage door doesn’t close. The fuse may blow due to a voltage drop or a power outage.
- Moisture: If there is too much moisture in the air inside your garage, it can affect how well the sensors function, causing them to fail more frequently than normal.
- Dirty Sensor Lenses: From time to time, you should clean the garage door sensors; dust and debris can accumulate on top, making it more difficult for them to function properly.
- Sensor Wire Damage: Garage door sensors are usually installed with a sensor wire that runs from the sensor to the opener. If this wire is damaged, it will not be able to send or receive any information, which can cause the garage door sensors to malfunction.
What To Do With Malfunctioning Garage Door Sensors
Is your garage door having safety sensor issues? Southwest Garage Doors is the answer. We provide the most reliable garage door service in the industry. If your garage door sensors need repair or replacement, our team will know what to do next.
By working with us, you’re ensuring the safety of your place. We’re licensed, bonded, and insured. Get a free estimate with us, don’t let any damage on your garage door sensors get worse; call the professionals!